Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #41  
Old 05-09-2017, 07:04 PM
Earl's Avatar
Earl Earl is offline
Apollo Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,545
Default

Well, it is good to see that indeed the LIA-100 had its own, larger deflector at one time. I figured by the different part number and price in the LIA-100 parts list that must have been the case. Alas, I guess it was ditched at some point in the very early 70s and both launchers shipped with the smaller (and cheaper) LIA-77 deflector.

Yes, at your convenience if you can post the dimensional data, it would be appreciated. And if possible, the dimensions of the wooden 'terminal' block on the back too.


Earl
__________________
Earl L. Cagle, Jr.
NAR# 29523
TRA# 962
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 05-09-2017, 10:23 PM
Faithwalker Faithwalker is offline
Craftsman
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Olive Branch, MS
Posts: 38
Default

Earl,
Sure, no problem. I've already made contact with David (rocketguy101) and we are working on it. Meanwhile, I'll post a photo (attached) of the entire LIA-100 Heavy Duty Launcher and Professional Firing Panel EP-612 that I have for your reference.

Tried sending you a couple emails. Did you get them?

Kind regards,
Jeff
aka: Faithwalker
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Vintage_Centuri_LIA-100_EP-612.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  103.7 KB  
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 05-09-2017, 10:31 PM
rocketguy101's Avatar
rocketguy101 rocketguy101 is offline
frustrated aero
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Duncan, OK
Posts: 691
Default

Sorry, got distracted with modeling the Gemini capsule tonight. Jeff is going to send me actual dimensions and I will update that sheet metal layout.
__________________
David Stribling
NAR 18402 SR
But it is rocket science!
Get yer Barrowmans here
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 05-09-2017, 10:38 PM
rocketguy101's Avatar
rocketguy101 rocketguy101 is offline
frustrated aero
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Duncan, OK
Posts: 691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Well, it is good to see that indeed the LIA-100 had its own, larger deflector at one time. I figured by the different part number and price in the LIA-100 parts list that must have been the case. Alas, I guess it was ditched at some point in the very early 70s and both launchers shipped with the smaller (and cheaper) LIA-77 deflector.

Yes, at your convenience if you can post the dimensional data, it would be appreciated. And if possible, the dimensions of the wooden 'terminal' block on the back too.


Earl


yeah, is the wooden block the same for both launchers? it almost looks the same from Jeff's pic

edit: never mind in the 2nd photo you can see the block is nearly the same width as the deflector.
__________________
David Stribling
NAR 18402 SR
But it is rocket science!
Get yer Barrowmans here
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 05-09-2017, 10:39 PM
Earl's Avatar
Earl Earl is offline
Apollo Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,545
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithwalker
Earl,
Sure, no problem. I've already made contact with David (rocketguy101) and we are working on it. Meanwhile, I'll post a photo (attached) of the entire LIA-100 Heavy Duty Launcher and Professional Firing Panel EP-612 that I have for your reference.

Tried sending you a couple emails. Did you get them?

Kind regards,
Jeff
aka: Faithwalker


Ok, thanks for getting the measurements for us. I have an old email account, but to be honest I do not really use it or check it very often; just don't have the time.

I did pick up one of the Professional Firing Panels off ebay here about a year ago to go with the LIA-100. i still have not however assembled the LIA-100 launcher.

Earl
__________________
Earl L. Cagle, Jr.
NAR# 29523
TRA# 962
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 05-09-2017, 11:41 PM
Faithwalker Faithwalker is offline
Craftsman
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Olive Branch, MS
Posts: 38
Default

Earl,
Would you mind posting an image of the back page of the LIA-100 assembly instructions please?

Thanks,
Jeff
aka: Faithwalker
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 05-10-2017, 09:23 AM
hcmbanjo's Avatar
hcmbanjo hcmbanjo is offline
When Pigs Fly!
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 892
Default

Something I didn't realize -
The LIA-77 had solid pine legs.
The LIA-100 had plywood legs.
I thought the main difference between the two launchers was just the size.

The attached picture is from my old LIA-77 launcher.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Centuri Launcher 2 J 010_WEB.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  113.3 KB  
__________________
Hans "Chris" Michielssen
Old/New NAR # 19086 SR

www.oddlrockets.com
www.modelrocketbuilding.blogspot.com
http://www.nar.org/educational-reso...ing-techniques/
Your results may vary
"Nose cones roll, be careful with that."
Every spaceman needs a ray gun.
Look out - I'm the Meister Shyster!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 05-10-2017, 01:20 PM
rocketguy101's Avatar
rocketguy101 rocketguy101 is offline
frustrated aero
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Duncan, OK
Posts: 691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcmbanjo
Something I didn't realize -
The LIA-77 had solid pine legs.
The LIA-100 had plywood legs.
I thought the main difference between the two launchers was just the size.

The attached picture is from my old LIA-77 launcher.


I think it varied...my LIA-77 definitely had plywood legs...one them failed by splitting where the screws went through.
__________________
David Stribling
NAR 18402 SR
But it is rocket science!
Get yer Barrowmans here
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 05-10-2017, 01:36 PM
Chas Russell's Avatar
Chas Russell Chas Russell is offline
Retired Missile Technician
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 847
Default

My LIA-77 has pine legs. I stained them brown back in the '70s. Still have the launcher. My original LIA-50 was stolen along with my Mantis launcher out of a friend's storage unit in the '90s.

Chas
__________________
Charles Russell, MSgt,USAF (ret.)
NAR 9790, Lvl 1
SAM "Balls Three"
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 05-10-2017, 06:47 PM
Earl's Avatar
Earl Earl is offline
Apollo Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,545
Default

Ok, here is the back page of the assembly instructions for the LIA-100.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  LIA100 InstructionsBack.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  425.0 KB  
__________________
Earl L. Cagle, Jr.
NAR# 29523
TRA# 962
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe 1998-2018