Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-28-2018, 09:57 AM
jeffyjeep's Avatar
jeffyjeep jeffyjeep is offline
Old Submariner
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Home of Wayne & Garth
Posts: 5,789
Default

I can relate, Steve. The vendors that REALLY frost my butt are the ones that take an irreplaceable kit and mail it in an envelope—usually so they can profit on shipping, or just because they’re lazy.

When I gig them for it I usually get the same response (if any): “ I’ve always mailed them in envelopes. This is the first time one has ever been damaged.”

Uh huh.
__________________
Just in case you ever wondered, Yoda’s last name was LayHeeHoo.

In a world littered with Kardashians———————be a Janice.



NAR# 94042
SAM# 0078
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-28-2018, 11:23 AM
Gus's Avatar
Gus Gus is offline
7/21/61
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: North of Detroit
Posts: 1,784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
They don't allow sellers to give the red negative bullet, but they can still give some nasty feedback in the comments.

Yes, but Mike is right. The comments about buyers are pointless. Nobody reads them, or would refuse to accept money from someone who is labeled a "cranky buyer", LOL. So I really couldn't care less about the comment he left about me.

Jeffy, as for sellers who send kits in mailing envelopes, that staggers me, too. But I usually figure they are very part-time sellers who don't really realize what they're doing. But, for the love of Vern and Gleda, skyhighhobbies has been doing this for over 12 years. His damaging this kit was just truly willful neglect.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-28-2018, 12:13 PM
jdbectec jdbectec is offline
the middle-aged rocketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Urbana, Illinois.....the birthplace of HAL
Posts: 425
Default

I am actually surprised to hear this. I recently ordered 5 MPC kits from him and they were all carefully packaged. I even left positive feedback! Apparently he has stopped caring.
__________________
Jeffrey Deem
NAR16741
CIA section 527
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-29-2018, 06:59 AM
UMRS's Avatar
UMRS UMRS is offline
Rocket Huckster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Plymouth, Michigan
Posts: 975
Default

Once reported they will removed your comment. And if done enough you get a temporary ban. I know from experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
They don't allow sellers to give the red negative bullet, but they can still give some nasty feedback in the comments.
__________________
Low Prices, Fast Delivery. The Webs #1 Rocket Shop

YORF the rocketry forum where vendors can actually post in the vendors section.

TRF Banned and proud


Uncle Mikes Rocket Shack

Any Questions/Comments Click To Email Us
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-29-2018, 07:01 AM
UMRS's Avatar
UMRS UMRS is offline
Rocket Huckster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Plymouth, Michigan
Posts: 975
Default

There are very few rocket kits that can be mailed in an envelope (if any at all). We have sold thousands of kits in over 20 years and have NEVER put one in an envelope.

Sellers have an "underground" communication system. Gus is 100% correct. We put "problem" buyers on our own BBL list. (Blocked Bidder List). So if your on mine or any other sellers BBL you can no longer buy from them. There are hundreds of sellers that swap buyer names all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
Yes, but Mike is right. The comments about buyers are pointless. Nobody reads them, or would refuse to accept money from someone who is labeled a "cranky buyer", LOL. So I really couldn't care less about the comment he left about me.

Jeffy, as for sellers who send kits in mailing envelopes, that staggers me, too. But I usually figure they are very part-time sellers who don't really realize what they're doing. But, for the love of Vern and Gleda, skyhighhobbies has been doing this for over 12 years. His damaging this kit was just truly willful neglect.
__________________
Low Prices, Fast Delivery. The Webs #1 Rocket Shop

YORF the rocketry forum where vendors can actually post in the vendors section.

TRF Banned and proud


Uncle Mikes Rocket Shack

Any Questions/Comments Click To Email Us
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-29-2018, 03:46 PM
LeeR's Avatar
LeeR LeeR is offline
Retired with Way Too Many Kits
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
What a POS Dirtbag.
Thanks for the heads-up, Steve.


Dittos.
__________________
Lee Reep
NAR 55948, L2

Projects: Super Sky Hook, Estes Saturn V
In the Paint/Detailing shop: Estes Saturn 1B
Completed!: Der Saturn Max
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-01-2018, 11:19 AM
Gus's Avatar
Gus Gus is offline
7/21/61
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: North of Detroit
Posts: 1,784
Default

Just one more thing. In case any of you are unaware, the post office has no objections to customers nesting their free Priority Mail shoebox boxes (photo below). Very easy to do, just squeeze one end of one of the boxes to slide it into the other. Put your kits inside and slide the upper box down to the appropriate length. These are perfect for mailing rocket kits because you can adjust the size to appropriately fit most rocket kits. Added benefit is that it double boxes the kits keeping them a bit safer.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  DoubleBox.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  832.7 KB  
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-01-2018, 12:37 PM
jdbectec jdbectec is offline
the middle-aged rocketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Urbana, Illinois.....the birthplace of HAL
Posts: 425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
Just one more thing. In case any of you are unaware, the post office has no objections to customers nesting their free Priority Mail shoebox boxes (photo below). Very easy to do, just squeeze one end of one of the boxes to slide it into the other. Put your kits inside and slide the upper box down to the appropriate length. These are perfect for mailing rocket kits because you can adjust the size to appropriately fit most rocket kits. Added benefit is that it double boxes the kits keeping them a bit safer.

Steve


Good tip. Thanks. FWIW the kits I ordered from him were packaged in regular boxes with crumpled paper for packing. I feel bad for leaving such positive feedback after seeing how he handled your purchase.
__________________
Jeffrey Deem
NAR16741
CIA section 527
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-01-2018, 06:11 PM
mojo1986's Avatar
mojo1986 mojo1986 is offline
Master Modeler
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kingston, CANADA
Posts: 1,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbectec
Good tip. Thanks. FWIW the kits I ordered from him were packaged in regular boxes with crumpled paper for packing. I feel bad for leaving such positive feedback after seeing how he handled your purchase.


No, you shouldn't feel bad. You should leave feedback that's appropriate for your transaction. That's the fair thing to do.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-15-2018, 12:45 AM
leftover leftover is offline
Lifelong Rocket Scientist
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 140
Default

What a shame. These kits are getting harder to find. I bought from him before but would think twice now.
__________________
NAR # 102461 SR
I have orbited the earth with John Glenn, walked on the moon with Neil Armstrong, landed on Mars, seen Jupiter and Saturn and explored the realm of deep space all thanks to Model rocketry.
God Bless America and The United States Marine Corps
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe © 1998-2018