Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-17-2018, 07:11 PM
turbofireball's Avatar
turbofireball turbofireball is offline
Model Rocket Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 117
Default Estes Interceptor re-release

My local hobby shop showed me this info today regarding new Estes kits:
EST-0865 Mini Mean Machine Model Rocket Kit (Skill Level 1) $14.99
EST-1250 Interceptor Model Rocket Kit (Skill Level 2) (Re-Issue) $29.99
EST-1329 Multi-Roc Model Rocket Kit (Skill Level 3) $22.99
EST-1969 Saturn V Model Rocket Kit w/Bonus (Skill Level 4) $89.99
EST-7255 Little Joe I Model Rocket Kit (Skill Level 3) $32.99
EST-7276 Checkmate 2-Stage Model Rocket Kit (Skill Level 1) $12.99
EST-7277 Galaxy Glow Model Rocket Kit (Skill Level E2X) $14.99

They did not have info yet on what months they would be released, although they expected to receive Little Joe 1's shortly, since Estes now shows them available. The info also confirms Dean Fox's #1969 for the Saturn V. The big surprise was the Interceptor, as that kit didn't make it to the 2018 catalog.
__________________
turbofireball
NAR 25162
SAM 0278

Last edited by turbofireball : 10-17-2018 at 07:14 PM. Reason: shortening title so it shows up better
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-17-2018, 07:22 PM
tbzep's Avatar
tbzep tbzep is offline
Dazed and Confused
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: TN
Posts: 8,709
Default

The Multi-Roc is a reissue, same part number from the late 80's, 1329.
The Mini Mean Machine is a re-issue also. The original part number was 0865 back in the early 80's.
__________________
I love sanding.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-17-2018, 09:17 PM
JediBoss JediBoss is offline
Intermediate Rocketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 43
Default

Thatís great news. Definitely my favorite design.
__________________
I did not notice the passers by, and they did not notice me.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-17-2018, 09:52 PM
the mole's Avatar
the mole the mole is offline
Master Modeler
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 519
Default

Glad to here this about the Interceptor being rereleased. I wonder if they will have the same decal markings or give us some new and different decals? Maybe John will make some new and different wraps.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-18-2018, 07:53 AM
Scott_650 Scott_650 is offline
Craftsman
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbofireball
My local hobby shop showed me this info today regarding new Estes kits:
EST-0865 Mini Mean Machine Model Rocket Kit (Skill Level 1) $14.99
EST-1250 Interceptor Model Rocket Kit (Skill Level 2) (Re-Issue) $29.99
EST-1329 Multi-Roc Model Rocket Kit (Skill Level 3) $22.99
EST-1969 Saturn V Model Rocket Kit w/Bonus (Skill Level 4) $89.99
EST-7255 Little Joe I Model Rocket Kit (Skill Level 3) $32.99
EST-7276 Checkmate 2-Stage Model Rocket Kit (Skill Level 1) $12.99
EST-7277 Galaxy Glow Model Rocket Kit (Skill Level E2X) $14.99

They did not have info yet on what months they would be released, although they expected to receive Little Joe 1's shortly, since Estes now shows them available. The info also confirms Dean Fox's #1969 for the Saturn V. The big surprise was the Interceptor, as that kit didn't make it to the 2018 catalog.


I love the change of the Sat V model number from #2157 to #1969 - awesome. A new Interceptor release is great news, though since it didnít make the 2018 catalog Iíd be willing to bet we wonít see it available until late 2019. Hope Iím wrong and itís sooner!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-18-2018, 04:42 PM
Royatl's Avatar
Royatl Royatl is offline
SPEV/Orion wrangler
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,261
Default

As JumpJet always says, products come out all through the year. What shows up in the catalog is a snapshot.
__________________
Roy
nar12605
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-19-2018, 12:01 AM
LeeR's Avatar
LeeR LeeR is offline
Retired with Way Too Many Kits
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole
Glad to here this about the Interceptor being rereleased. I wonder if they will have the same decal markings or give us some new and different decals? Maybe John will make some new and different wraps.


Iíd think the re-release would do the same decals. Otherwise, there might be riots over the change.

And I seem to remember John saying he does the design, the graphics arts folks do the kitís suggested colors and the decals.

Iíve got several Interceptor 1250 kits from the last release, and Iím anxious to try the accur8 wraps I bought for one of them.
__________________
Lee Reep
NAR 55948, L2

Projects: Super Sky Hook, Estes Saturn V
In the Paint/Detailing shop: Estes Saturn 1B
Completed!: Der Saturn Max
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-19-2018, 10:39 AM
the mole's Avatar
the mole the mole is offline
Master Modeler
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
Iíve got several Interceptor 1250 kits from the last release, and Iím anxious to try the accur8 wraps I bought for one of them.



I've did one of his wraps and I had no trouble with them except the wraps on the nose cone keep peeling up on the edges.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-19-2018, 10:44 AM
neil_w's Avatar
neil_w neil_w is offline
Mr. Cut-by-hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 336
Default

I'm very stoked about the Interceptor re-release, just on general principles.

If I build one (and really, I should) then I'd be torn whether to do it stock or Accur8 style. I've done two Accur8 rockets so far; they're enjoyable to build and very attention-grabbing when finished.

But the stock Interceptor is so *classic*.

Hmm.

(and no, building one of each would not be a realistic option for me. Gotta pick.)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-19-2018, 10:45 AM
neil_w's Avatar
neil_w neil_w is offline
Mr. Cut-by-hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
And I seem to remember John saying he does the design, the graphics arts folks do the kitís suggested colors and the decals.

*Usually*. John said he did the (excellent) graphics for the Black Star Voyager. But I agree they're unlikely to mess with the decals for the Interceptor.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe © 1998-2018